Although the last year in the four-year settlement there is much that could change in the provisional settlement:
- 75% pilots. Announcement of the latest round of pilots.
- Council Tax. There are potentially increases in the adult social care precept and the maximum increase for districts and upper-tier authorities.
- New Homes Bonus. Any amendments to the national baseline, currently set at 0.4%.
- Adult social care funding. An additional £650m has been announced for 2019-20. Will there be an increase in the precept threshold in the settlement?
- 2017 revaluation. Final year of the wash-through of the 2017 revaluation adjustment.
We will analyse the Autumn Budget 2018, and consider its implications for local government funding and the Spending Review 2019.
And, if they have been published, we will also cover the Fair Funding Review and Business Rate Retention consultation papers. Both are due to be published towards the end of this year.
Delivered by: Adrian Jenkins, Dan Bates and Roman Haluszczak
Pixel – LGF Settlement – 9-10 January 2019